Password management by the administrator
Some companies use fictitious email addresses to create accounts for their employees. These email addresses only allow access to Expensya accounts and are not linked to any email account.
In order for employees to access their accounts, their companies provide them with generic passwords that can be personalized once logged in.
If the employee forgets the personalized password, they cannot generate a new password using the Expensya Forgotten Password option.
Only the account administrator can unlock it by generating a temporary password from the account administrator tab.
Password management by the administrator is an option available for all Expensya offers and can be activated upon request by support.
How the administrator can generate passwords for these employees?
Once the option is enabled, the administrator must:
- Go to the "Administration" tab under the "Users" menu,
- Search for the user in the list of users,
- Click on the user's name to open the information form and then click on the "Other" field
The administrator will have two ways to proceed:
The administrator can click on the eye to view the password created before sending it.
- Enter a secondary email belonging to the user --> This will allow the user to retrieve the password securely from his recovery mailbox.
- Click on "Generate new password", copy it and send it directly to the user or generate a custom password.
- After choosing either method, click the update button to save the change to the user's profile.
After receiving the password:
When the user connects, with his email and the password generated by the administrator, he is redirected to the "Reset your password" form.
He must reset his password in order to enter one of his choice that he will remember.
The user must log in again with their new password, just as they would after a session timeout.
Once logged in, he/she is redirected to the "Reset your password" form where he/she will have to enter a new password.