Manage professional vehicles in Expensya
The management of professional vehicles and their expenses goes beyond a mere administrative task. It's a strategic endeavor that can have a significant impact on a company's finances, employee productivity, and even its brand image. Indeed, by adopting a proactive approach to tracking and controlling vehicle-related expenses, businesses can achieve substantial cost savings while optimizing their operations.
As an administrator, you can manage professional vehicles from the web version.
- Go to the "Administration" tab, "Vehicles" submenu,
- Click on the "Professional vehicles" widget
Manually add a professional vehicle:
- Click on "Add a new vehicle",
- Fill in the fields, and save.
- Insert the registration document from "Evidences"
- And assign the vehicle to an employee (not mandatory)
Import professional vehicles:
Another way to enter professional vehicles is importing them via our excel template. To import a list of professional vehicles:
- Click on "Import vehicles", then "Download template file",
Here below an explanation of the columns, to easily fill out the template :
- VehicleExternalId : is the vehicle's identifier. in your company
- VehicleName : is the name of the vehicle.
- VehicleType : mention if it's a car, motorcycle, etc.
- CurrentYearKm : is the distance traveled during the current year.
- LastYearDistanceKm : is the distance traveled during the previous year.
- Click on "Import", a message will pop-up as below, confirming the import,
and a summary of imported vehicles and those updated if applicable :
To import the list of assignments:
- Click on "Import assignments"
- Download the template and fill it out, here's how :
- VehicleExternalId : the vehicle's identifier within your organization
- AffectedUserMail : email of the affected user for this vehicle.
- AffectedUserPayId : affected user unique ID
- AssignmentStartDate : assignment start date
- AssignmentEndDate : assignment end date
- AssignmentIsActive : Yes if should be applied, No if not.
- Click on "Import" and a notification will pop-up "import successfully done".